SJC Glock Frame Weight (rev)
If you do not understand any of the following contact SJC before proceeding
- It is always your responsibility to make sure your gun is unloaded and safe before handling, installations, or removal of parts.
- Place the cross bar of the included aluminum T-bar insert into the notch on your pistols accessory rail.
- Make sure you have fully backed out or removed the #6 32tpi set screws from the frame weight.
- Align the frame weight with the accessory rail and being careful to avoid frame deformation or damage slide on the weight until the unit bottoms out on the frame next to the trigger guard.
- Install the set screws tight enough to mark their positions on the aluminum T bar
- Heavily dimple/drill the aluminum T bar set screw locations using a fresh drill bit. The frame weight is designed to be held in place by the shear/side strength of the set screws not vertical thread tension.
- Use Loc-tite and re-install the set screws flush with the bottom of the weight being careful to not over tighten. Over tightening the set screws will deform the polymer frame or drive the screws completely through the threaded holes in the frame weight. The two set screws over the notch are the only ones required. The others are for back up and additional support.
- Minor holster modifications may be required. SJC offers holster modification services and advice on CR-Speed and Ghost holsters.
- Cycle the pistol with the installed weight multiple times to assure there is no interference with function before live firing.
MAY 2015 VERSION