SJC Micro Dot Mount
It is your responsibility to make sure your pistol is unloaded and safe before handling or attempting installation.
- Contact SJC first if you fail to understand any of these instructions or you are attempting to install on models other than: G17, G34, G22, or G35.
- Remove both the front and rear sights from the slide.
- Remove the slide and trigger assembly.
- Place the mount on your frame aligning the rear hole of the mount with the trigger pin hole. Install the supplied trigger pin screw from the left through the mount, frame and back into the tapped hole on the opposite side of the mount and lightly tighten.
- Re install the slide on the frame under the mount and shim the mount front to align with the top of the slide or at a slight angle if desired. Using firm downward pressure on the mount against the shims to assure the mount does not shift, mark the center of the mount's front screw holes for the pilot hole drilling.
- Disassemble the slide, shims, mount, and frame before drilling pilot holes in the frame. These holes need to be perpendicular to the sides of the now removed mount. Drill holes from both sides. Do not attempt to drill one hole all the way through both sides.
- Drill out the pilot holes to the exact barrel diameter of the supplied bushings. We normally use a 19/64" bit and use heat for the final seating later
- You now need to inlet the sides of the guide rod/spring trough in the frame to accept the bushing flange and prevent any interference with the function of the recoil spring. Proper inletting will place the outer most portion of the bushing's barrel no more than flush with the outside of the frame. Note that the bushing flange outer diameter has flat sides. The inletting process needs to closely match these flats so the bushing will not spin on tightening and loosening of the screws. We use a end mill to bring all of the inletting elements together in a single operation but using a dremel tool carefully will be fine.
- The pistol may now be assembled with the mount using low strength loctite on the screws. The mount is pre drilled to fit the more common micro dot sights, but the current holes can be re drilled and tapped to fit the c-more STS screws.